HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Please add Slug/TOW B, Heat/Rev-GL A, HC Cupcake and...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted February 28 2013 - 06:44 PM

...a C Class with a Jet Pack and a Pile Driver melee weapon.

Please take these suggestions very seriously. I have already considered the possible effects these Mechs would have in-game, and believe there will be no glaring ramifications.

1) Slug/TOW B
The Slug is a very fun weapon, but it's tied to the Sabot. To remedy this issue, I would like to see a Slug/TOW B with a +movement speed ability. Its other weapons could be the Flak Cannon and Heat Cannon. I have no reason whatsoever to believe this weapon combination is better than what Heat Scout, Power Shot Sabot or the Rev-GL offer.

2) Heat/Rev-GL A
The Rev-GL is a fantastic weapon, but it's tied to a C Class -- in addition, a lot of pilots would like to dual-wield primary weapons as well. The most fair compromise between these two ideas is to add a Heat/Rev-GL A. The weapons are both skill shots and have different firing angles, so using them together will take a vast amount of skill. Since the A Class takes by far the most skill to pilot bar-none, this combination won't be OP.

Alternate Weapons: Mini-Flak, prestige Rev-GL.
Special Ability: Coolant.

3) HC Cupcake
With the recent Mini-Flak buff, the Mini-Flak Cupcake is without a doubt OP -- and since you can't buy it without paying money it is unquestionably, by definition, Pay-2-Win. Call of Duty is Hawken's closest competitor, and they're smart enough to not offer pay-only weapons! This should be F2P Gaming 101! If the Cupcake isn't made available for HC before summer, this game will die.

4) C with Jet Pack and Pile Driver
Why don't we have a melee weapon_ Why can't we backdash_ Why can't we air dash_ Why isn't there a C Class without turret mode_ -- this Mech would address all of these complaints without upsetting the balance of the game.

Instead of having two shields on its back, this C Class will have back-mounted rockets that allow it to override normal dash limitations for a short time. When its ability is activated:
  • the side dash cooldown is removed
  • 180 is replaced with a back dash
  • side/back air-dashing is possible
  • no fuel is consumed
This ability would last 5.5 seconds -- just as long as EMP, giving this specific C Class an interesting and skillful counter play if it is disabled. In addition, this ability would synergize perfectly with its melee weapon, the Pile Driver.

The Pile Driver would have a range of 15 meters, dealing 285 damage and generating 15.5% heat every 5 seconds. Its higher damage is intended to compensate for its melee requirement and long cooldown. Its Primary Weapons would be the Flak Cannon, Vulcan and (prestige) Sabot Rifle.

Should these four Mechs be added, I assure you that all players -- whether playing at public or tournament level -- will find vast enjoyment in these four Mechs, and will flood the forums with praise and lovingkindness.

Thank you for reading.

P.S. A big thank you to all of the developers. Without your support, Hawken would cease to be.
P.P.S My love for a future Slug/TOW B is slowly becoming unironic. Please help.

It was fun while it lasted.

#2 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#3 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted February 28 2013 - 06:58 PM

My liver WOULD feel an emotion towards you, but it's a puddle.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#4 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 28 2013 - 07:04 PM

If this post didn't have Fenix's name attached, I would have had a fit.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#5 SutibanTanuke

SutibanTanuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 07:08 PM

Sacred cows make the best steaks. Tonight he is feasting.

I do admit the slug rifle would be interesting if it wasn't bound to sniper mechs though, or better yet the AM SAR.

#6 draco7891

draco7891

El Tigre

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted February 28 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostFenixStryk, on February 28 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

1) Slug/TOW B
P.P.S My love for a future Slug/TOW B is slowly becoming unironic. Please help.

Well... What about a Slug Scout instead_ Replace the HEAT with Slug as prestige. Gives it more of a designated marksman feel, while reducing the splashtastrophe that is the current HEAT Scout.

Thoughts_

Draco

Edited by draco7891, February 28 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#7 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted February 28 2013 - 08:13 PM

[This post was dropkicked by recognition of joke.]

Edited by Frouste, February 28 2013 - 11:07 PM.

"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#8 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted February 28 2013 - 08:27 PM

RIP liver
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#9 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted March 01 2013 - 04:27 AM

It's a shame that this thread was dismissed so easily, without a single Like. I really think there is gold somewhere inside adding a prestige Slug Raider Slug/TOW B Class Mech. It would certainly be one of the deadliest combinations in the game (until the TOW is rebalanced), but is it really pushing the line any farther than the Heat Scout has_ Is Slug/TOW more egregious than the Heat/TOW all-range splash party_

As for the Cupcake, it's just so sad right now -- no one cares about it because all of its weapons are rubbish: the SMC, the Vulcan and the Mini-Flak are all objectively very bad weapons compared to the Heat, Flak, Slug and even AR. While having the one MC Mech be undesirable is tolerable in the short term, it's not rational.

Eventually these weapons will be buffed, and when that happens the tears will flow; is it really justifiable to leave a Cash-only Mech permanently inaccessible_ Suffice to say, while I'm fine with paying players having exclusive early access to certain Mechs, I do think MC Mechs should eventually cycle into the HC pool.

I won't talk about the other suggestions because you should know exactly why I'm not going to talk about the other suggestions.

Mull it over and shoot me down if you're still not okay with it. At the very least, I want to know why not.

It was fun while it lasted.

#10 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted March 01 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'll give you a like just because you inadvertently asked for it. :D
I'm not always crazy, I can be a nice guy.

#11 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted March 01 2013 - 02:46 PM

Calm down man, we weren't intending to hurt you.
I was really unsure if you were actually being serious, hence why I edited the post.

P.S.: I don't really care about the cupcake much not because I can't buy it, but because it isn't available to players who didn't play in the closed beta.

Edited by Frouste, March 01 2013 - 02:49 PM.

"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#12 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 01 2013 - 04:31 PM

REV-GL needs to shoot emps, the old god-mode ones, not the [REDACTED] new ones.

Posted Image

#13 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted March 01 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostFrouste, on March 01 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Calm down man, we weren't intending to hurt you.
I was really unsure if you were actually being serious, hence why I edited the post.[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]P.S.: I don't really care about the cupcake much not because I can't buy it, but because it isn't available to players who didn't play in the closed beta.[/font]

Its not that it isn't available to to people who weren't a closed beta tester. The people who got it are the people who purchased the special pack a few days before the open beta. Kind of like an exclusive pre-order bonus. There are CB players who don't have it.

Anyway not having the cupcake for sale doesn't bother me a whole lot. I actually wish there were more limited time by mechs like the cupcake.

Also I miss read number 2). I hope you mean Tow/Rev-GL. lol The heat and rev are both primaries.

Edited by ShadowWarg, March 01 2013 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users