HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Improve the tactical map!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 NZXT_NightRaven

NZXT_NightRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted March 03 2013 - 09:01 PM

By now, it's not a secret that tactical map is one of the most underrated and underused features in Hawken. Period. It can make all the difference in the world on TDM and Siege. the only thing i can really do is see were my team is and set way points for the whole team... not enough! We need to be able to make way points for each individual team mate and set colored markers and etc... besides that, we should also be able to access the map wile delivering EU and be able to close the map with the Esc key as well as the M key.The Esc makes a difference when you need to close the map in a hurry. Lastly, when setting team way points, it should be easier to set them. There is no indicator to say "Select were to set way point" after you have selected to set a way point so it can be annoying in you think you mis clicked the button. With all said, does anyone else use the tactical map and feel that it needs farther development_

Edited by NZXT_NightRaven, March 03 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Lv 5 Bruiser "The Shredder"
Lv 5 Rocketier "The Black Dog"
Lv 5 Brawler "The Blood Brawler"
Lv 2 Reaper "The Black Reaper"
Lv 2 Raider "The Buster Bunker"

#2 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 03 2013 - 10:03 PM

Mostly yep. If you use the search function then you'll find several threads on the subject. IIRC, I opened a couple myself too.

Anyways, I'm confident on that the devs are on it. It'll be be a matter of time, IMHO. ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#3 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted March 03 2013 - 10:38 PM

Yay, so I'm not the only one that uses it :D

That map does wonders when playing TDM/MA/Siege, especially when newbies are in the game, they seem to rally on the point more often than seasoned players.

I do admit, that it does need work; Like mentioned, being able to use ESC to get out of the map while in a hurry is a must... But oh well, I'm sure devs will work (or if they're already working on it) eventually.

By far one of my favorite features.

Edited by Xtratega, March 03 2013 - 10:39 PM.

That's a feely feel that you need to feel to understand how it feels, bro.

Twitter

#4 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostXtratega, on March 03 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

I do admit, that it does need work; Like mentioned, being able to use ESC to get out of the map while in a hurry is a must... But oh well
They need to make it so that you bring it up by holding down a button and allow you to move while it's up. So you can move around while using the mouse to set waypoints.
Desert Fox

#5 Dread_nought

Dread_nought

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted March 04 2013 - 01:12 AM

Wait, wait, wait...you can set waypoints___  Please tell!
Posted Image

#6 NZXT_NightRaven

NZXT_NightRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted March 04 2013 - 02:33 AM

View Postz121231211, on March 04 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

View PostXtratega, on March 03 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

I do admit, that it does need work; Like mentioned, being able to use ESC to get out of the map while in a hurry is a must... But oh well
They need to make it so that you bring it up by holding down a button and allow you to move while it's up. So you can move around while using the mouse to set waypoints.
Thats actually a really good idea. It would be interesting if there was a mech made specifically for gathering and relaying intelligence but could still fight... hey, isn't that what the scout SHOULD technically be able to do hence the name scout__

View PostDread_nought, on March 04 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

Wait, wait, wait...you can set waypoints___  Please tell!
YES! it's a waypoint for the whole team but, it works great

#7 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted March 04 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostNZXT_NightRaven, on March 04 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

View Postz121231211, on March 04 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

...it works great
...Sort of.  In purely advisory capacity.  Bit like amber traffic light.  "Feel free to ignore, but..."

w/

#8 Dread_nought

Dread_nought

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted March 04 2013 - 04:40 PM

I actually want to know how to set them, because new players tend to not really "get it" in Siege or MA maps sometimes.  Setting a waypoint to get their attention would be awesome.  Is setting it self-explanatory_  I've only glanced at the map a couple of times.
Posted Image

#9 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted March 04 2013 - 04:53 PM

The current maps are too small, The game is too dynamic to a tactical map had some influence on The course of The match. On maps are only 3 objects (siege , missile) for which we are fighting. Tactical map is virtually useless in its current form, at least in public games.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, March 04 2013 - 04:56 PM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#10 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 12:02 AM

Been going on about improving the map bind since closed beta 1! Lots of details there, and credited this thread in it.

http://community.pla...n-beta-edition/

Edited by Culex, March 05 2013 - 12:03 AM.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#11 MajorMojo

MajorMojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationVienna, VA USA

Posted March 05 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostDread_nought, on March 04 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

I actually want to know how to set them, because new players tend to not really "get it" in Siege or MA maps sometimes.  Setting a waypoint to get their attention would be awesome.  Is setting it self-explanatory_  I've only glanced at the map a couple of times.

Press M to bring up the map and on the left side you will see a "Set Focus Point" box.  Click the box and then the point on the map you want everyone to focus on.

Edited by MajorMojo, March 05 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#12 FuszyBear

FuszyBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted March 05 2013 - 09:37 AM

how about a "commander" player for TDM, siege and that other mode. You would put up a vote at the start of the game for whoever would apply for the roll of commander. and whomever gets voted as it would be able to open your map and just shout out orders much like Battlefield 2_ (no map delay and maybe be able to draw on the map short lines from player icons to be able to suggest where to go or hold positrons)

#13 NZXT_NightRaven

NZXT_NightRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted April 21 2013 - 11:50 AM

Well now that we have the technician, now is a better than ever time to improve the tact. map! Figure i should revive this over making a new post on it.

#14 Aptest

Aptest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted April 21 2013 - 01:10 PM

The first and most important thing to do about improving The map is to get rid of The "feature" that makes your mech stop and your WASD not functioning when you open it.

The second most important thing to do about improving The map is to get rid of all The animation that is involved in opening it and have it both open and close instantly and most importantly without any swag involved.

#15 NZXT_NightRaven

NZXT_NightRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted April 21 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostAptest, on April 21 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

The first and most important thing to do about improving the map is to get rid of the "feature" that makes your mech stop and your WASD not functioning when you open it.

The second most important thing to do about improving the map is to get rid of all the animation that is involved in opening it and have it both open and close instantly and most importantly without any swag involved.
yeah,you got the right idea. also that damn lag you get closing it will get you killed! and having to press m to close it is troublesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users