HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Wandering Gun (Free Agents)

• Please log in to reply
2480 replies to this topic

#1 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEast Coast of U.S

Posted September 20 2012 - 09:04 PM

http://wanderingguns.com/
This is for all the people who plan to play but aren't really interested in being affiliated with a clan. Clans can "hire" out Wandering Guns for match purposes and such to help with clan battles. Some criteria would be:
  • Not affiliated with any clan
  • Can choose to work for a clan in matches but not to the point where you're basically a clan member (this also goes with other WGs. If a solid group forms to a point where it resembles a small clan, it is not considered a WG based operation).
  • WGs can play in competitions or competitive play. However, during that time unless under a contract they are temporarily not considered a WG.
  • Just because it's a lone wolf role no need to be stuck up :D
  • wear the sig or mention you are a Wandering Gun to make it easier for clans to seek you out (if wanted)
  • Just play and have fun
Deeper Descriptions of Wandering Guns:
Spoiler
Spoiler
I'll make a list and keep it updated of people who are Wandering Guns (only if you post here) so that clans when the time comes can look for extra boosts during clan matches and such
Wandering Guns
Spoiler
Notes:
In the near future (once it is open beta), next to each pilots' name there will be some indication of their experience in combat. This will be that anyone looking to hire can choose the pilot that most fits there needs. This system however will be tailored in such a way so that there will be no "bottom" pilot.
O.A.N.P: On A New Path. This is for all WGs who choose another route to walk. They can return whenever they like. They're number belongs to them.
SPECIAL NOTICE:  100 WGs! Been awhile since I was last here, glad to be back. Here's the WG website as well for those who want to join: http://wanderingguns.com/
We have a sig!!!! Thanks to Conquistador any Wandering Gun can have the official sig.
Spoiler

Edited by ForteEB0, July 05 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

#2 SmaCkexe

SmaCkexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted September 20 2012 - 09:10 PM

So you are a clan ... of people ... who dont wanna be in a clan..._
Posted Image

#3 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 09:12 PM

oh sorry guess I wasn't clear. The people on this list aren't affiliated with each other. It's just people who are willing to be hired by clans for matches. Or if really need be a place a clans can scout for experienced members (when the game comes out) from a list of people who played. It's mostly a list to help clans
Posted Image

#4 Dr_Death

Dr_Death

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 10:36 PM

Sounds good to me...don't mind that guy above, hes from Dirt Nap gaming clan, in case your interested, So when it comes time to wanting new members or help, we would expect not to see them in here ;)

#5 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 10:56 PM

Thanks :)  All sillyness aside I think this is just a good place for people who don't want to be part of a clan but would like to experience playing along side a number of clans, gaining experience and friendships on the way. Plus Wandering Gun makes you sound a little mysterious :D
Posted Image

#6 Dr_Death

Dr_Death

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 01:17 AM

If I wasn't in a clan, I would be on your page mate. I like the idea of mercenaries and solo players. And yea wandering gun sounds good.

#7 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 07:48 AM

Thanks Dr. Well hopefully some more people feel the same as you do :P  Or I'll have the sole title of Wandering Gun
Posted Image

#8 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted September 21 2012 - 10:47 AM

This sounds like a loosely affiliated group of substitutes. Mercs for hire, of a sort. I'll have to think about whether or not I want to join, but I like the concept.
Posted Image

#9 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 02:06 PM

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks Conquistador, you're welcome anytime.
Posted Image

#10 T3chnicality

T3chnicality

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationFlushing, New York

Posted September 22 2012 - 08:41 AM

This sounds interesting i thought about this not too long back lol. Glad to see someone actually put it into action. Not sure if i'd be good enough to "hire" but I wouldn't mind letting people know my true intentions Posted Image

LOL lone panther gotta eat right_

Edited by T3chnicality, September 22 2012 - 08:42 AM.

You can assume what kind of person I am...but you'd be wrong

Posted Image

#11 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 11:11 AM

Haha you got to do what you got to do. I will add you to the list and you can either copy my sig or incorporate that youre a Wandering Gun into your own sig somehow (so that when the time comes people know who to hire). Thanks for stopping by
Posted Image

#12 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 22 2012 - 06:14 PM

But why would a clan want to hire you_ A clan is about having fun and playing with people you know, not about randomly "hiring" mercs.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#13 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hmm well how should I put this_ Some people don't want to really have to be so joined to a clan that they need to check in a lot. I don't mean that ina negative way it's just that when I was in clans I felt obligated to check in ona regular basis. I felt that if I didn't post or interact in some way that i wasn't contributing. So this - shall we call it - orginization gets rid of that obligation. You belong to a loose group where you can participate with other members or not. Second, as Conquistador put it Iit's like a loose group of substitutes. Say your clan is going against another clan, yet some big players on your side can't make it. Than if need be you could come here and see which Wandering Guns are online and ask if they can help (I plan to add records of each member for easier choice selection). I thought it was and is a neat idea and wanted it to have a chance and see if it would form into something. Just have to wait and see :)
Posted Image

#14 steelarmy

steelarmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA & ES,Brasil

Posted September 23 2012 - 07:29 AM

Lone wolf Chuck Norris style.
"Having been born into the house of a warriors, one's intentions should be to grasp the long and the short swords and to vanquish all enemies from the battlefield." Bushido 武士道

#15 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted September 23 2012 - 09:13 AM

^this. This is what we need to be
Posted Image

#16 Thorazine

Thorazine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIn a Box

Posted September 23 2012 - 05:22 PM

Interesting. I might check back here once open beta hits.
"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy" -Jim Rohn

#17 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted September 23 2012 - 05:37 PM

Cool thanks for stopping by :)
Posted Image

#18 Siris

Siris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted September 23 2012 - 05:41 PM

Same here.
I might sign up for this, but I'm not making any official plans until I actually get into the gameplay.
Still, a generally neat concept.

Edited by Siris, September 23 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#19 ForteEB0

ForteEB0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted September 23 2012 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for considering! For future reference no one will hold anything against you if you join and leave. As I said its a loose group with no real obligation. Thanks for stopping by
Posted Image

#20 Mykep

Mykep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted September 23 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'll be doing the same as the other two. Not really much to worry about until the next wave of people start joining the game, and even then there might not be clan matches.

It's the herc, chicks dig the herc

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users