HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

weapon information values

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: weapon statistic values and you (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Can you quickly and easily understand the new percentage-based stat value_

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (22 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

How would you prefer weapon stat values to be displayed_

1. Keep it the way it is (percentage-based ranking) (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Return it to the previous iteration (out of 5 ranking) (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Display actual in-game stat values (21 votes [95.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.45%

4. Other (please discuss below) (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted March 28 2014 - 09:59 AM

My suggestion is simple, and it has been asked for by several folks in several different threads so I figured I'd make a thread to compile everyone's opinions on the matter. With the recent March update, the stat readouts for weapons were changed from an 'out of 5' bar ranking to an 'out of 100' percentage ranking. I find that these stats are confusing and do not convey accurate meaning in a quick fashion to the player, and I can only imagine how newer players might interpret them. Instead I suggest that we are given actual data values for each stat (as we all know this has been asked for many many times), or if that is for some reason out of the question, to return them to the previous 'out of 5' ranking as most players seemed to comprehend that style much more quickly. Please feel free to share and discuss your opinions.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 28 2014 - 10:06 AM

If the unit is not defined, saying something is "out of 100" (aka. percentages), is worth both jack and ****.

If you ask me how good the steak I am eating is and I say 76/100, it's not very useful.
What do I rate as a 100_ Kobe beef_ Or that tough little piece of brown meat you get when you order steak and eggs at a Waffle House_
If it's the former, then damn boy, that's a pretty good steak.
But if it's the latter, then I might as well be chewing on leather and you'd be wise not to trust my judgement in food quality.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, March 28 2014 - 02:06 PM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 Drakula666

Drakula666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted March 28 2014 - 10:26 AM

you can rate "100" as kobe beef right now, means nothing, it would be better if it ment something.
100 doesn't have to be the limit, if there are weapons that do more damage, it should be the exact number

#4 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 10:34 AM

What really confuses me.
Is that they FINALLY add numbers.
And yet they add numbers with absolutely zero point of reference, that in no way or form (aside from a backwards way) indicate anything about the weapon (because the AM-SAR does neither 66 damage per shot and it does far more than 66 DPS; if the MIRV was a 100 then the AM-SAR would definitely not be 66 either).

This is incredibly stupid and I do agree that we just need the real numbers. No idea why they haven't given them already.

The only way I can make sense of this is that the lower the number, the higher the damage. Which is even more stupid and counter-intuitive.

Edited by Duralumi, March 28 2014 - 10:37 AM.

After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#5 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 11:35 AM

seems the devs are still clinging on to the feels
it's meaningless twaddle that only confuses the uninitiated

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#6 Valimer

Valimer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:40 PM

So since we are talking about how it's confusing, does anyone know how the actual values work_ If they are "out of 100" or a percentage, then there must be a weapon that all weapons reference to_ A base line so to speak. 76% dmg of what_ 30% rate of fire compared to what_

#7 ASneakyFox

ASneakyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 08:18 PM

i prefer the vagueness, it keeps it from being like an mmo that spells out every single little stat. the key defining characteristics isnt any one stat or any subset of stats anyway. the amount of damage doesnt really tell you the whole picture. "damage per second" helps. but that still doesnt tell you everything about how much damage a weapon can use. some weapons deal a lot of damage but are very situational, others do very little damage but they can be applied more consistently.  the stats on the stat screen should just give you a broad idea of the weapon.

I think the star system was based. the percentage thing is ok i guess. but like others have said its a meaningless percentage because no one knows what "100%" means.

#8 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on March 28 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

If the unit is not defined, saying something is "out of 100" (aka. percentages), is worth both jack and ****.

If you ask me how good the steak I am eating is and I say 76/100, it's not very useful.
What do I rate as a 100_ Kobe beef_ Or that tough little piece of brown meat you get when you order steak and eggs at a Waffle House_
If it's the former, then damn boy, that's a pretty good steak.
But if it's the latter, then I might as well be chewing on leather and you'd be wise not to trust my judgement in food quality.

Fun fact! This type of data is called Ordinal Data! What we want is Ratio Data. Posted Image

Also yeah. I'd like damage per shot and DPS (separate lines) and in the case of secondaries, just the damage per shot/salvo.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#9 Blackat

Blackat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 03:21 AM

I allready would be happy if they would show:

DPS @ optimal dmg range
Rate of Fire.. (Shots per Second)

Also if multiple modes are available for a weapon.. SHOW multiple stats!

#10 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted March 29 2014 - 05:34 AM

I don't think it's correct with some of the mechs, have you taken a look at the G2 damage. It says it's 56 but when I hit someone it does like 13 damage with one vulcan. I don't know what it's actual damage is but it sure isn't 56.[attachment=3960:ScreenShot00009.png]

Edited by Onstrava, March 29 2014 - 05:36 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Spray_N_Pray

Spray_N_Pray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 05:35 AM

Just keep them simple, show actual stats value...
Eg. Raider's Coirsair-KLA 's flak damage is 168 damage inflicted to enemy's armor...

Percentage & bar is still very blur , useless, and inaccurate to show the actual information...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users