HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Some mechs showing "ReplaceMe Weapon" icon as primary Weapon

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:24 AM

Seeing this behavior in the for Rocketeer and Grenadier

However when you mouse over the icon in the Rocketeer it gives the seeker description. But when you mouse over the icon in the Grenadier it says "place holder". Its grey/silver with red writing.

Didn't try purchasing and configuring to see what would happen. (Didn't want to potentially waste my points. :D  )

Edited by oSPANNERo, November 20 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#2 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:25 AM

you wont be able to purchase until CBE3 goes live.

I believe those are stuff the devs use to do dev stuff. they should be removed by the time it gets to open.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#3 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:32 AM

Figured as much but since

View PostScapes, on November 19 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

The event starts around 12:00 PM on November 20

I figured I would point out the icon/place holder issue just in case it got looked over in the "T minus 90 and counting" scramble.

The bit about trying to purchase it was more about narrowing down the extent of my testing rather than complaining I couldn't pre-buy stuff. (I did that in the other thread :ph34r: )

View PostoSPANNERo, on November 20 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Add my +1 to this. Just tried (1319EST) and couldn't buy the freebie mech.

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:58 AM

Please don't report obvious placeholder content as bugs. Adhesive knows the weapon textures say "replaceme". :mellow:
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostElix, on November 20 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Please don't report obvious placeholder content as bugs. Adhesive knows the weapon textures say "replaceme". :mellow:

I understand what you are saying but based on my limited software experience (7 years in a technical position with a software company) the "Lorem ipsum" type UI defects tend to be the most common to sneak through to production. And the reason invariably is because it was so *obvious* that the testers and devs thought "SOMEONE" was going to track it and then fix it.

Unfortunately "SOMEONE" doesn't show up so "NOONE" ends up doing it. (ESPECIALLY during the mad rush at the end of a development sprint to get the product into prod.)

So I, and many Product Managers/UI Developers/UX Designers that I know, would rather have a Beta Tester post something like this up and then have a dev/tester/rep simply respond with "Yep, we know about that and have a ticket/bug/defect/JIRA/etc open to track it." then to assume that "SOMEONE" is going to fix it.

But again this is all IMHO/YMMV/IANAL/FWIW/AFAIK/IIRC/etc... :D

Edited by oSPANNERo, November 20 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:28 AM

There are also a few mech frame model sets that are entirely missing textures/models.

Adhesive also seems to be pretty with it, being a small indie dev house that've been working together for over a year on Hawken. I can't speak to their bug triage organizational skills (maybe the ReplaceMe textures being visible are a sign that they slipped through the cracks, but I suspect more that it's just placeholder content that we were seeing because we were sneaking into the client early anyway), but I trust them to be on the ball. At least you're the first to report it, and not the sixteenth. I expect there are already five new threads in bug reports and support about being unable to log in since I started this reply.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#7 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostElix, on November 20 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

There are also a few mech frame model sets that are entirely missing textures/models.

Adhesive also seems to be pretty with it, being a small indie dev house that've been working together for over a year on Hawken. I can't speak to their bug triage organizational skills (maybe the ReplaceMe textures being visible are a sign that they slipped through the cracks, but I suspect more that it's just placeholder content that we were seeing because we were sneaking into the client early anyway), but I trust them to be on the ball. At least you're the first to report it, and not the sixteenth. I expect there are already five new threads in bug reports and support about being unable to log in since I started this reply.

Totally agree with all of your points! Again, just trying to be a good little Beta Tester and applying Linus' Law. ("Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow"or "Given a large enough beta-tester and co-developer base, almost every problem will be characterized quickly and the fix will be obvious to someone.")

Cheers!

Edited by oSPANNERo, November 20 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#8 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:50 AM

Plus, you're Max H-H-H-H-Headroom. You don't g-g-g-g-g-g-give a bunny's fuzz.

#9 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostElix, on November 20 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Plus, you're Max H-H-H-H-Headroom. You don't g-g-g-g-g-g-give a bunny's fuzz.

LOLz... "Now, I'm no librarian, in fact, I don't know what star sign I am. But, as a famous person once said, 'You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.' And as I - another more famous person - once said, 'If you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like.'"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users