HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

life forms of illal: a definite guide

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted November 26 2013 - 08:54 PM

INTRODUCTION
Spoiler
Land Life

Spoiler

Edited by ropefish, December 04 2013 - 01:00 PM.

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#2 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted November 26 2013 - 09:38 PM

o-o no one_
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "

#3 BadSmurf

BadSmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSmurfs Village tending my Glass House & Smoking My own & drinking a bottle of JD's

Posted November 26 2013 - 09:55 PM

Smurfs Deeply Disturbed Hallucinatory Creatures of the Night & found in the (Blue Meanies) Forests area's

, hence why they are Blue......... Nasty Cute Bad attitudes & usually off their Lil faces on The Delicacy of the Blue Shrooms........Found only when Ambushing you where you least expect them in a Mech shooting at youPosted Image

0 - Status: Breed like Rats covered in Tat's carrying AK47's and Grenades

made from the Blue Shrooms to gas you into submission as you hallucinate & freak out while they torture you......not so nice now are they Smurf that fuzzy bunny... :P

1- Able to move Vanish in Cloud of Blue Smoke.
2- Weapons: Smurf Shroom Grenades.

3-  Huge Pupils from Shrooms.

4- Consumes EU (shrooms) to function

5- Unknown Locations by Prosk Corp.

6- Main role is to detect incoming Prosk Mechs before battles.

height: 5 inches

length: 2 inches
current status: Hallucinatory
locations found: mainly in bases and nearby energy (shrooms) source,
did you really see one maybe they are like the Bigfoot in the Eco Forests

Edited by BadSmurf, November 27 2013 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted November 26 2013 - 10:29 PM

Mecats : Cat Mechs : Created by Sentium for spying sakes.

1- Able to move fast and hide.
2- No weapons equipped.

3-  Sharp laser view at night.

4- Consumes a small amount of EU to function

5- Unknown (or undiscovered) by Prosk Corp.

6- Main role is to detect incoming Prosk Mechs before battles.

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]height: 9 inches[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]length: 14 inches[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]current status: 1[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]locations found: mainly in bases and nearby energy sources.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Posted Image[/font]

Edited by EliteShooter, November 26 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Komodo_Saurian

Komodo_Saurian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted November 26 2013 - 11:22 PM

View Postropefish, on November 26 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

o-o no one_
Fine. There is or a least was a metric crapton of animal species from earth brought by the colonists.

Spoiler

There isn't much actual back story in existence. You can spare a few minutes to read all the available materials.

Edited by Komodo_Saurian, November 26 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Someone important said:

Ego stroking quote.
- Distracting banner.
- Obligatory PC spec boasting, 'cause I'm rich.
- Shameless self-promotion links.
- Sneak a peak into every second stream voiceover ever.

#6 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted November 26 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostKomodo_Saurian, on November 26 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

View Postropefish, on November 26 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

o-o no one_
Fine. There is or a least was a metric crapton of animal species from earth brought by the colonists.

Spoiler

There isn't much actual back story in existence. You can spare a few minutes to read all the available materials.
i making some possible anime-ls up, no need to be a downer :C

#7 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted November 27 2013 - 02:45 AM

Cool thread Ropefish !
in this early (2010) Hawken concept art by Khang Le, you can see a very cool and scary creature :

Posted Image

it seems it could fly so, maybe he's eating those infected rats.. or mechs because it has a natural sense to detect and track vitrolium (EU),
for now, population is very limited to certain areas, wich are totally forbidden to any pilots at this time, but it seems that some larger specimens are starting to leave their territory, to attack larger and tastier targets .. Battleships..

story :

Because rats is its primary food and natural prey it's one of the first species that developped a partial immunity to the Hawken virus. Some specimens have "transformed" but it seems that they are able to control or slowing down the infection process of their bodies.

Some scentists are saying that it might contain the key to an antidote, but there's no skilled pilots at this time that want to take the risk to fight those creatures and bring back some "samples" to study..

well feel free to adjust/correct as my english is not terrible and i just woke up -_-

also can't find a proper name, maybe a " Wrecker" _ dunno.

Posted Image

#8 SeasonzTZK

SeasonzTZK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationHonduras

Posted November 27 2013 - 03:02 AM

View Posterathic, on November 27 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Cool thread Ropefish !
in this early (2010) Hawken concept art by Khang Le, you can see a very cool and scary creature :

Posted Image

it seems it could fly so, maybe he's eating those infected rats.. or mechs because it has a natural sense to detect and track vitrolium (EU),
for now, population is very limited to certain areas, wich are totally forbidden to any pilots at this time, but it seems that some larger specimens are starting to leave their territory, to attack larger and tastier targets .. Battleships..

story :

Because rats is its primary food and natural prey it's one of the first species that developped a partial immunity to the Hawken virus. Some specimens have "transformed" but it seems that they are able to control or slowing down the infection process of their bodies.

Some scentists are saying that it might contain the key to an antidote, but there's no skilled pilots at this time that want to take the risk to fight those creatures and bring back some "samples" to study..

well feel free to adjust/correct as my english is not terrible and i just woke up -_-

One day Im gonna get to that level, one day!

Posted Image

"Its not infiltrator, its backstabbertraitor!"

I make beats! https://soundcloud.com/seasonzbeats

#9 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted November 27 2013 - 06:04 AM

View Posterathic, on November 27 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Cool thread Ropefish !

Posted Image

story :

Those beasts are Helldragons. They fly around in the land corrupted by the Hawken-Virus. They are considered to be myths, but I can remember creatures looking like this in Lab 935 owned by Crion. They were the results of playing around with different types of DNA, but it looks like the Virus has made them even more terrifying. They are hard to find due to the explosion, but those who have searched for those hell-born creatures have often lost their sanity in the search. The biggest one was named Goliath the Wrecker after the scientist who made these creatures Goliath King (R.I.P). I recommend to not try to search after these monsters, I`ve lost many friends that searched for the Helldragons.
I`ll fix it later.

#10 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted November 27 2013 - 09:10 AM

This is an awesome idea ropefish! I really like it :D My thinking cap is firmly on my head and a contributing post is imminent...
Posted Image

#11 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted November 27 2013 - 09:50 AM

Oh also don't forget THIS one :

(pic by Houruck)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted November 27 2013 - 06:07 PM

Ropy, this is brilliant! I just found it. I will try and contribute. Illal has large oceans and seas teeming with life. Lots of mountainous regions and deserts too.

Edited by SandSpider, November 27 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#13 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostSandSpider, on November 27 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Ropy, this is brilliant! I just found it. I will try and contribute. Illal has large oceans and seas teeming with life. Lots of mountainous regions and deserts too.
im going to focus on the land life in cites first then oceans, thanks for the sea life idea though!

#14 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted November 28 2013 - 10:24 AM

data base updated :D

#15 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 05:11 AM

Cockroaches get everywhere and they are the hardiest insects on Earth. I'm sure they would adapt to Illal.

#16 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted November 30 2013 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image

Name: Apricot Horned Owl

Species: Bubo Ashihanus

Length: 35-54 cm

Wingspan: 75-143 cm

Conservation Status: Least Concern [1]

Supplemental: A subspecies of Terra's Great Horned Owl, the Apricot Horned Owl boasts several notable differences. Prolonged exposure to Illal's atmosphere has caused the raptor to develope dark-orange irises in response to the increased levels of carbon-dioxide. The owl's length and wingspan are approximately 10-15% smaller than that of its close cousin, which is once more in response to the relatively poor oxygen levels present on Illal.  During the Illal Development Initiative species were selected primarily based upon chances for successful integration into the planet's ecosystem as well as their utility in assisting colonization. The Great Horned Owl was seen to be an excellent choice of predator for the problematic vermin that often inhabited colony ships. Upon introduction to Illal's atmosphere the Apricot Horned Owl's populations were nearly extinguished before finally stabilizing at 5%. Nocturnal by nature, the raptor retains many of its cousins' characteristics while making it a beautiful, but effective hunter.

P.S. Brilliant thread, ropefish!

Edited by Magnolia1038, December 20 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#17 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted December 01 2013 - 05:27 AM

Posted Image Close Up_

View Posterathic, on November 27 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Oh also don't forget THIS one :

(pic by Houruck)

Posted Image

#18 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted December 01 2013 - 10:08 AM

Terakliers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Terakliers are vampiric hunters that live in all the deserts of Illal. They are approximately one meter, 3 foot long. They have excellent sight and smell. They eat using their two mouth appendages that each contain a poisonous retractable, barbed spike which they use to impale their prey with. When the prey is caught, they are pulled to the mouth appendages and sucked dry of all their blood and other liquids.

The unusual tail is actually where these creatures breath from. They absorb air and expel waste gases through a series of membranes in the end of the tail.

The large fan like structures on the top of the body keep the creatures cool in two ways. They shield the under body from the heat of the sun and also act like heat exchangers.

Their status is 1= Least concern

#19 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted December 01 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostSandSpider, on December 01 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Terakliers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Terakliers are vampiric hunters that live in all the deserts of Illal. They are approximately one meter, 3 foot long. They have excellent sight and smell. They eat using their two mouth appendages that each contain a poisonous retractable, barbed spike which they use to impale their prey with. When the prey is caught, they are pulled to the mouth appendages and sucked dry of all their blood and other liquids.

The unusual tail is actually where these creatures breath from. They absorb air and expel waste gases through a series of membranes in the end of the tail.

The large fan like structures on the top of the body keep the creatures cool in two ways. They shield the under body from the heat of the sun and also act like heat exchangers.

Their status is 1= Least concern
Wut da Hel is that thing_!_
I`ll fix it later.

#20 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted December 01 2013 - 11:06 AM

It's an indigenous life form from Illal called a Teraklier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users