HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN-Universe Bible (HUB)

Project

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:00 PM

>>ILLAL

-One of six planets that orbits Kepler-11
-About 2,000 light years from Earth
-Surface area is 39062 square kilometers or 24271.85 square miles* (Update Required)
-Indigenous atmosphere poisonous to humans, unconscious in 10 minutes and death within an hour
-Year 2296 Illal terraformed for human colonization
-150,000 colonists from Illal Development Initiative
-Home to over 25 colonies and 9 MPCs
-Crion Incident occurs May 3rd, 2361
-1/3rd of Illal covered in Giga-Structure (Illal Flora)
-5 years after incident Giga-Structure initially covers 16.48% of Illal’s habitable surface area at 6437.4 square kilometers or 4000 square miles
-Hawken Virus / Nano-necrosis leads to hand amputation in 2 weeks, arm amputation in 6 weeks

GIGA-STRUCTURE
The scientific name given to the vast inorganic shell left in the wake of the Hawken Nanovirus.

HAWKEN VIRUS
The virus is named after Dr. James Hawken primarily because it was his nanotech research project, codenamed OHMU, that was in development at Crion’s Typhus facility when the incident occurred, destroying Praxis Valley and releasing the nanovirus. The mechanics and machinations of the cataclysmic virus are a mystery to almost everyone.

ILLAL DEVELOPMENT INTITIATIVE
The UTA passed the controversial and historic IDI Act in 2296, allowing a conglomerate of MPC’s to sponsor the terraforming and colonization of Illal in exchange for special business-related privileges and exemptions.

>>MULTI-PLANETARY CORPORATIONS

CRION SOLUTIONS
Part of the MPC conglomerate that sponsored the terraforming of Illal, Crion Solutions is a technology-oriented MPC that focuses on scientific research and development over manufacturing.

NAUTILUS CORP
Update in progress.

OVEK
Update in progress.

PARAGON
Update in progress.

PROSK
This MPC is the largest blue-collar employer on Illal. Prosk is a mass-market manufacturer known for its large workforce producing vast quantities of low-cost/low-quality product.

RYGEL
Update in progress.

SENTIUM
A benchmark, luxury-goods MPC. A brand known throughout the galaxy for exemplary quality and exorbitant costs. Their strict and efficient Illal factories use a largely automated workforce, managed by personnel of the highest qualifications.

>>NON-MPC

TERRAN HYPER-REPUBLIC
The collective term given to the extended human civilization now spread out across a vast range of star systems, colonizing a countless variety of planets and moons.

UNITED TERRAN AUTHORITY (UTA)
The pan-galactic government of the Terran Hyper-Republic. The UTA stations embassies, officials, and significant peacekeeping forces on all their colonies to enforce consistent intergalactic law (including taxation). However, as a result of the IDI Act, their presence on Illal is nominal (and later non-existent following the orbital quarantine enacted in response to the unstoppable spread of the Giga-Structure).

>>PERSONNEL

HAWKEN, JAMES
A brilliant inventor responsible for both numerous scientific advances as well as the Hawken Virus that plagues Illal. Hawken’s capacity for three-dimensional logic, reasoning, and deduction far surpassed that of his peers along with his ability to positively influence any project’s direction and design.

HAWKEN, JAYD
Update in progress.

HAWKEN, OLIPHIA
A pioneer in a wide range of technological research fields. Working as a research assistant for Prosk since 2332, she has contributed to numerous industry-changing scientific breakthroughs including the creation of Nano-Cavorite along with other radical advances in nanogenetics, cryogenics, and artificial intelligence.

LAZLO, RION
Update in progress.

>>LOCATIONS

ANDROMEDA
The largest (and most densely populated) megacity on Illal. Home to Prosk’s corporate HQ, Andromeda is a bustling and colorful metropolis, with high poverty and unemployment rates.

ASHIHAN FORESTS
Update in progress.

BANKSON HALL
Update in progress.

KOBALT
The smallest of the three megacities on Illal. Scarcely populated and more industrial. Home to Crion Solutions HQ.

PRAXIS VALLEY
Similar to 21st-century’s San Jose-based Silicon Valley. Praxis Valley is home to Crion’s most advanced research facility, Typhus. Two-thirds of the valley was obliterated in the initial blast that released the Hawken Virus.

TITAN
The second biggest megacity on Illal. Home to social elite, and the best architecture, arts, and culture Illal has to offer. Sentium’s HQ, including the two intertwining towers of the iconic Bankson Hall, is located here.

TYPHUS
Cutting edge, 132,000ft2 Crion research facility. When Dr. James Hawken defected from Prosk to Crion he relocated his work here. The facility is infamous for being the epicenter of the “Crion Incident.”

>>GLOSSARY

CAVORITE
A rare ore that possesses inherent gravity-defying properties. When smelted into other materials the overall weight of the resulting alloy is significantly decreased.

CSD
Acronym for “Corporate Security Division.”  Every MPC has one. Their role is closer to that of an intelligence agency (like the CIA or MI6) than traditional physical and intellectual corporate protection.

MPC
Acronym for Multi-Planetary Corporation. Colossal companies with subsidiaries and business spread across the Hyper-Republic.

MECH-OPS
The term for a team of special force mech pilots. First employed on Illal during the Cavorite Conflict.

OHMU
The working codename for an ambitious nanotech project that Dr. James Hawken was developing prior to the Crion Incident. OHMU’s objective was never disclosed.

PATRON
Citizens (of age) on Illal must legally become patrons. This involves either investing a sizeable amount of money in or being employed by an MPC.

PQR
Acronym for Public Quarterly Reports, where each MPC announces its most recent earnings, market share, and overall fiscal stability. PQRs greatly affect the scrip rate of each MPC and therefore the overall assets of its patrons.

SCRAPLAND
The colloquial term for Praxis Valley and any additional area since consumed entirely by the Giga-Structure.

SCRIP
Illal’s dominant currency, tied to valuation of its associated MPC. Scrip rates fluctuate daily and are greatly influenced by PQRs.

TERRAFORMING
Literally, the “Earth-shaping” of a planet, moon, or other body. The process of deliberately modifying a body’s atmosphere, temperature, surface topography, or ecology to be similar to those of Earth, in order to make it habitable by terrestrial organisms.

VERMIN
Collective term used for the planet’s lower animal forms. Reviled by the population, they ironically prove valuable when they evolve to feed off the Giga-Structure.

>>TECHNOLOGY

ATMOSPHERIC GENERATORS
Environment processors that create and sustain a human-habitable artificial atmosphere (i.e., a replica of Earth’s ideal Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, and Thermosphere) of variable sizes. Typically one facility is needed per 1000 square miles.

AXE
A colloquial term for a weaponized mech. What the initials are actually an acronym for is debated among pilots.

BATTLESHIPS
Relatively slow-moving, heavily-armored air-to-ground carrier/gunships used by MPC’s to deploy and support mechs in major land-based battles.

HV LOADERS
SKU for Heavy Loaders. These open mechanized exoskeletons mimic the anthropomorphic movements of their operators but greatly amplify their strength. They are generally used for non-military purposes such as construction work or emergency services. They are the flagship product of Prosk’s and Sentium’s manufacturing division.

MECH
A large, typically bipedal, heavily armored, mechanized anthropomorphic tank. Like its precursor, the HV Loader, mechs are designed to imitate the pilot’s human movements on a larger-than-life scale in battle.

MEGA-CARRIERS
The air-bound equivalent of a 21st-century aircraft carrier. Mega-Carriers are essentially floating mini-cities used by MPCs to deploy squadrons of battleships to the ever-changing battlefield.

NANOBOTS
Individual machines created on a sub microscopic scale (dimensions of a few nanometers or less) that can be programmed for a wide variety of uses in medical, technological, and engineering fields.

NANOCAVORITE
A more efficient refinement of Cavorite (created by Dr. James Hawken and patented by Prosk) that boasts a greater weight-to-ore anti-gravity ratio than Sentium’s equivalent alloy.

NANOVIRUS
Nanobots programmed to act collectively as a virus, consuming all matter in its path and reconfiguring its molecular structure to replicate and spread.

SYNTHETIC NANOCAVORITE (SCV)
Created by Dr. James Hawken to offset the diminishing supply of Cavorite, Synthetic Nanocavorite is an artificially replicable alloy that uses nanobots to recreate Cavorite’s remarkable anti-gravity properties.

VITROLIUM
This incredibly potent energy source is refined from the waste matter of the planet’s indigenous vermin populace, whose rapidly evolving digestive systems uniquely enable them to consume the Giga-Structure.

Edited by Magnolia1038, April 06 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#2 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hey guys,

I decided to post the guide I use whenever I write a chronicle. Hopefully this will help out anyone who is looking to add to Hawken's already impressive art and media!

#3 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:31 PM

Thank you!  This will be very handy in the future!  By the way, I can't wait until your next Hawken Chronicles issue!

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 03 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#4 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted February 04 2014 - 05:12 AM

Thanks for this. I just wish they would add some more to the lore, like giving us some real maps of Illal and more info on what has been going on over the five years of the quarantine. They should have someone working on this stuff to pad it out more.

#5 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted February 04 2014 - 07:42 AM

Thanks for the time and all the effort you've put into your stories and history. It makes the game more enjoyable!   hoghead :)

#6 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for the replies! I will be updating the HUB whenever additional information becomes available!

#7 Aggressive_Sock

Aggressive_Sock

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 08:11 AM

Looking forward to your next chronicle as well, good work :)

#8 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted February 08 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostMagnolia1038, on February 04 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies! I will be updating the HUB whenever additional information becomes available!
This post (The OP) has made it clearer for me how life on Illal is. Bless your soul, but now I need to do some changes when it comes to my Crion story.
I`ll fix it later.

#9 Aggressive_Sock

Aggressive_Sock

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 09:13 PM

Bump for a good post!

#10 Sparrow

Sparrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 04:30 AM

This is so awesome and exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks, man.

#11 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 12 2014 - 04:58 PM

Shameless bump, this thing needs more attention! :o  Also, Mag.. When are you going to update the rest of it!_!  I used some of the info for my backstory, just so ya know. :P

#12 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 12 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Shameless bump, this thing needs more attention! :o  Also, Mag.. When are you going to update the rest of it!_!  I used some of the info for my backstory, just so ya know. :P

I'm glad to be of help :) And no new information has been made available just yet, but once it has I will certainly add it to the HUB.

Edited by Magnolia1038, March 13 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#13 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted March 19 2014 - 07:36 PM

Bumping this due to it's extreme help in my writing.

It very well deserves all the attention possible.
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#14 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted March 20 2014 - 02:39 AM

This should be stickied.

#15 Aggressive_Sock

Aggressive_Sock

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted March 20 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostSandSpider, on March 20 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

This should be stickied.

Agreed.

#16 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted March 30 2014 - 06:56 PM

Is there any chance you can update this with current names of major individuals_ Such as James Hawken, and any characters that you've made and their positions_

It'd be super helpful, as I didn't know where to look for them. If anyone feels up to it, they could also make a web that shows where people work and who they originally worked for or connections to others.

The above would make life... Like... Super awesome.
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#17 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostKilleR_OrigiNs, on March 30 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

Is there any chance you can update this with current names of major individuals_

An intriguing idea! I will work on this.

#18 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 07:41 AM

Updated!

#19 Vinushka

Vinushka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted April 01 2014 - 07:10 PM

Magnolia excellent work both here and in your writing, the idea of a Hawken Bible will really help generate more content from the community and help those who haven't read the graphic novels to better understand the game-world. As an enthusiast for Hawken's lore myself I was wondering if you're keen on taking community submissions to the HUB here_ I noticed that you've got most of what is covered in Hawken: Genesis. I can provide the HUB with some of the characters and info from the Hawken: Melee comics if you want.

Edited by Vinushka, April 01 2014 - 10:28 PM.

Posted Image

☯ NΣPTVNΣ ☯

Metallic.Uniframe.Super.Hybrid.Armor

#20 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted April 01 2014 - 07:19 PM

Seriously fun stuff. I love it when folks do novelettes/chronicles, or any thing here, that grows from the project itself!
Thank you!
-O

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users