HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Cannonstar's guide to playing Siege with Predator [no video]

Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cannonstar

Cannonstar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 04:59 PM

Here's my first basic gameplay guide to Predator in Siege game mode. (Let me know your feedback!)

I'm gonna start with a disclaimer that I main rank 5 Predator (I have all elite parts) and I've only played for 2 weeks, so I consider myself a competent Predator pilot.

How I outfitted my Predator for the usual Siege game:

Weapons
  • EOC Repeater
  • EOC Predator
Items
  • ISM Disrupter mk-I
  • Radar Scrambler mk-II
  • Item Regenerator (reduce radar scrambler cooldown)
Internals
  • Shock Coil (to prevent fall damage by 100%, useful for keeping your cloak)
  • Power Surger
  • Basic Fuel Converter
  • Armor Fusor
How I play as Predator

I make it a personal rule to stay cloaked at all time so I can take advantage of the infrared vision to hunt my prey. I wait for a kill opportunity whenever my prey has his back exposed or he's distracted. I stay in their blindspots at all time, this is where Predator is most effective as a stealth mech. I typically flank the enemy team and get behind their lines. My MO is hit and run, repair, then rinse and repeat until their line is worn down. I stay in cloak and try not to get hit to maximize my battle advantage.

Collecting the EU

Your first objective is to dash to one of the EU hotspots. Cloak as soon as you get there, throw your radar scrambler on the enemy side of the EU hotspot. It'll spook away the Class A mechs. Class B and C will be slower to reach the EU hotspot so make every minute count. With your EOC Predator, lay traps on the enemy side of the EU hotspot. It will help your teammates if they're drawing EU at the same hotspot. Dash away to the base to deliver your energy as soon as your EU level reaches 4 full bars.

Defend the AA

As soon as you get there, start laying traps around the perimeter with your EOC Predator. You can lay up to 10 mines so be conservative about where you lay them. Smart placement of mines will rip through other team's armors and make easy picking for your EOC Repeater. Be at peace with the fact that you'll rake up lots of assists and continue to maintain your defense around the perimeter of the AA. Don't be fooled by Predator's weak assault stats, it's a very important tool in defense once you get the hang of it. Keep using the radar scramblers to confuse your enemies.

While I'm defending, I typically try to find a way to get behind the enemies when they get close to AA. Especially Class C's. I like to lay traps behind them and then hit them with EOC Repeater to lure them to me so they can get blown by the mines. This only works when they're distracted and don't know I'm behind them. As a sidenote, use the element of surprise to maximize your ambush damage.

If you're the last one defending the AA, stay cloaked for as long as possible and hide yourself. you'll defend the AA longer that way. Escape the AA whenever your battleship has >10% health to the nearest EU point and do the same process again.

General Notes
  • Be the first one to EU hotspot so you can deliver your share of the energy, then get your ass to the AA. The faster you get there, the more time you have to lay your traps.
  • Be an excellent teamplayer. Always press 'Q' key to call out targets, that'll help your teammates to focus their attack vector.
  • If you see an enemy Predator, assume he can see you and act accordingly. Break his cloak first without losing yours. He has no more battle advantage and must either engage you or run away. 75% chance that they'll run away.
  • Hunt or be Hunted, that is the law of all predators.
See you all on the battlefield, pilots!

#2 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 20 2014 - 05:01 PM

Pretty good tips you have here!  I run the same weapons when it comes to certain Siege maps!  I use EOC Rep and Pred to hold down positions.  I also have MK II Radar Scramblers as one of my main items besides the flashbang. :P

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 20 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#3 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 20 2014 - 06:19 PM

Decent little guide for individual Predator play. Well done!

However, I'll always be a Breacher Pred for lyfe.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#4 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 08:05 AM

How to play Predator in Siege: Abridged Edition
  • Put Mines in the objective area.

Edited by Duralumi, February 21 2014 - 08:05 AM.

After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#5 ATCBob

ATCBob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted March 04 2014 - 10:14 PM

Haha. Nice!
How to play Predator in Siege: Abridged Edition
Put Mines in the objective area.

Edited by Duralumi, February 21 2014 - 08:05 AM.

Edited by ATCBob, March 04 2014 - 10:16 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users