HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HWKN: Laila Journal Entry #128

Art Fanart Project

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 31 2014 - 08:27 AM

STOP

If you haven't read the prologue go HERE: https://community.pl...0-broken-hopes/  If you read on and look at this and haven't read the prologue.  I WILL FIND YOU!!!! O_O  Otherwise, enjoy! :P

HWKN: Laila’s Journal Entry
Point in HWKN timeline: 4-6 months after the events in Broken Hopes- Officially called “The 2nd Outbreak”

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> PAD UI #0958 <ONLINE>[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> BNKR 167- PROSK OUTPST PAD UI SYSTMS[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> W_lcome [[RANK]USER][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Enter ID: *****[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Enter Password: *****[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Loading….[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Welco_e [[PFC] Laila Antonov][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Booting up <bsc mnu>…. Dne.[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]===========[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]1- PVT JRNL[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]2- IllAL PRSK RES_CNTR[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]3- MAP[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]4- CHCKLST[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]5- I-MAIL[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Selectio_: 1[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Uplo_ding previous ntries…[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Start new pag__  [Y/N][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Working…[/font]

Date:  [REDACTED]
JRNL NTRY No. #128
User:  PFC Laila Antonov

I really don’t know what I’m supposed to type here, what a pain!  I’ve been forced by Mr. Medens to write in this thing for three straight weeks.  He keeps on insisting that this would help me vent my frustrations.  Right.  Well, most of what happened today at the base was business as usual.  Mr. Medens, our Technician (who is also my annoying but friendly mentor) showed me how to strip and rebuild a fusion reactor (much more exciting than just maintaining the whole base AND the ship). Shae, the pilot of a prototype axe called ‘Hiasobi’ (such a cool name, she’s into Japanese stuff!), got me into watching something called an ‘anime’…_  I thought it looked pretty cool, not unlike some of the Prosk ads for recruitment.  Those little CRT cartoon guys are super cute!  Anyway, we both hung out in the hangar until Mr. Medens started berating me over my latest mistake with tuning up C-class axes.  I really prefer the lighter types because they’re so much easier to maintain.  Anyhow, I got upset that Shae just went up the ramp and relaxed with Kaori (our squad leader, I hope she doesn’t read this… she hates me calling her by her first name) and just casually watched Mr. Medens make me do more work with a smirk on her face!  Though, I really feel like she’s a sister I’ve never had.  I guess I can forgive her…  Also, Kaori calmly told Mr. Medens to stop getting mad even though everyone knows it’s his top pet peeve when it comes to mechs and things like that.  I guess Kaori is cool too… in a leader-ish sort of way, but she’s not close to me like Shae is.  Thinking about people and pet peeves, the guys at lovely Bunker 167 really get on my nerves!

Mr. Makoto (the resident self-proclaimed ‘ninja’) is a pervert and carries around a camera to snap holopics of girls, well… maybe not...  He did give me this holopicture from the hangar and there isn't anything perverted about it: Posted Image(Sadly it’s when Mr. Medens was yelling at me...)

Captain Wayden (the guy who commands Honest Knave, the cargo ship at our base) has a preference for only Asians (why was I able to get in, being that I’m part Russian_) around our ship at the Bunker, and Mr. Medens has obsessions for cleanliness!  All the other male crew members are also weird.  I heard rumors that one of them was a former maximum security convict, I really don’t want to meet the guy!  However, things are going to change soon!  We’re going to have a newbie here soon, and unfortunately it’s another guy.  BUT I’ve not given up hope!  Here’s to hoping he’s handsome, smart and cool!  Though I’m sure my parents (I wonder where they are, I lost them in the confusion of the Second Outbreak) wouldn’t approve of trying to find a boyfriend…  Mom and Dad were already upset that I signed up for the military, even if I’ve been at Bunker 167 with Dad for a few months during his last tour.  I’m sure they made it from the Second Outbreak, Dad gave me a replica of that old pocket watch of his before I left for the base, telling me to polish it to give them good luck and that he would do the same for me (I hope that meant he forgave me).  Anyway, this new guy apparently uses a prototype axe like Shae!  I really wonder what it is!  Wow this got long fast, I guess Mr. Medens was right about venting my thoughts and feelings.  I guess I’ll just end this here.  Laila Antonov signing off!

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>JRNL NTRY ENDS[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Close UI Pad_ [Y/N][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//>Shutting down…[/font]

===============================================================================

You guys missed my awesome story stuffs_ :3  The next chapter will come!  Also, there will be character bios posted on my art thread sometime soon.  Thanks to:
  • Sandspider for this awesome thread: https://community.pl...iew-with-laila/
  • Magnolia for editing this
  • Wisp and Lazy Kittens for reading the early version of this
  • You for continuing to read these things from me!
Thanks again!

EDIT:  There is now character bios! YAY!

Here it is: https://community.pl..._20#entry477658

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, April 01 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#2 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted March 31 2014 - 08:32 AM

Excellent read and fantastic sketch! Keep it up :)

#3 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted March 31 2014 - 08:40 AM

Cool, I'd like to read more :).

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 31 2014 - 08:43 AM

NICE

Posted Image

#5 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted March 31 2014 - 10:17 AM

Ohhhh, this is excellent, a great way to build up a character. Great illustration also. Sooooo, when is the next one coming out......I want it now! :ph34r:

#6 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 03:49 PM

Thanks guys!  Keep up the comments and stuff, it really does keep me motivated.  :D

View PostSandSpider, on March 31 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Ohhhh, this is excellent, a great way to build up a character. Great illustration also. Sooooo, when is the next one coming out......I want it now! :ph34r:

Oh...I dunno.... My lips are sealed...... for now. ;)

That sketch took a awhile to make. xD  It's a good piece I made (probably my favorite) with all the shading and details and the easter eggs and stuff.  Oh whoops... Did I say that_  I said nothing.  :ph34r:

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, March 31 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#7 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted March 31 2014 - 07:05 PM

The talent on your threads is exhilarating, and it's great to see this in it's finished draft. ;)

#8 Planerunner

Planerunner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationHere. Right here.

Posted April 01 2014 - 08:32 AM

Hey, this entry as well as the prologue are pretty good, actually. Keep it up, we could use some more fanfiction around here.

Posted Image

#9 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostPlanerunner, on April 01 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Hey, this entry as well as the prologue are pretty good, actually. Keep it up, we could use some more fanfiction around here.

Thanks!

Chracter Bios are up now guys!

https://community.pl..._20#entry477658

#10 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 07:22 PM

First part of chapter 1 is here!  Check it out!

https://community.pl...-1/#entry501644

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Fanart, Project

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users