HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HWKN: Laila Journal Entry #129

Fanart Forum Project

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted May 28 2014 - 02:32 PM

Stop!  Read these first if you haven't!

HWKN:  Laila Journal Entry #129
Point in HWKN Timeline: One day after Snowfall

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> PAD UI #0958 <ONLINE>[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> BNKR 167- PROSK OUTPST PAD UI SYSTMS[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Welcome [[RANK]USER][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Ent_r ID: *****[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Enter P_ssword: *****[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Loading….[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Welco_e [[PFC] Laila Antonov][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Booting up <bsc mnu>…. Dne.[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]===========[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]1- PVT JRN_[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]2- IllAL PRSK RES CNTR[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]3- MAP[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]4- CHCKLST[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]5- I-MAIL[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Selectio_: 1[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Uploa_ing previ_us ntries…[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//> Start new pa_e_  [Y/N][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Working…[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Location:  BNKR 167[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Date:  [REDACTED][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]JRNL NTRY No. #129[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]User:  PFC Laila Antonov[/font]

Wow, today I feel really worn out.  Mr. Medens really got me working on fixing a lot of stuff this morning!  All those axes are such a pain to work on.  I take back about fixing lighter type axes, Makoto’s modified Reaper axe takes the cake of being the hardest machine to fix EVER.  I don’t want to type about it anymore…  

On the upside, Shae gave me her favorite headphones today for my hard work (the ones with that old card deck symbol that I don’t even know).  Anyway, I met the newbie yesterday, and he seems… different…_  I’m not sure why.  Despite the fact that he said he only clocked in a few hours in that axe of his, he seemed to have this big grin on his face!  All he did was explain the functions of the axe, and how to maintain of it.  It was like he was talking about an old friend of his!  Great!  Now I’ve got another weirdo in our merry band!  An axe otaku! (Then again, I don’t think I’m much different…)  

Come to think about it, Jin is also kinda awkward…_  The guy doesn’t know anything about anime!  Shae and I showed him an old one, a classic.  It was the one about two guys and a girl going to the surface to fight against weird robots with faces for the sake of justice.  (Thank you Shae for showing me anime!)  He said it was too optimistic and unrealistic!  The nerve of that guy!  He’s polite, but the things he says sometimes is just too blunt.  Jin also asks odd questions like “Why is everyone so relaxed here_” or “We should train more.”   He gets lost a lot around the base even if there’s maps everywhere.  I also think he’s a bad shot since I saw him go into the firearm range and he didn’t hit one single target!  He had this frustrated expression and just left. Thankfully, he didn’t see me hiding in the rafters thanks to Mr. Makoto who showed me how to get up on there (oh wow, I sound like a stalker.  I was just there napping since you don’t get lots of sleep in the military).

Anyway, I don’t think I should tell anyone about Jin at the fire range either… It seems to be sore spot for him.  I get the feeling the dude must have had a bad time in the past, filled with tension and all that other depressing stuff (I hope I’m wrong about all that).  Other than the things that annoy me about him, he always seems to have this smile that doesn’t seem real.  I’ve never really noticed until Shae told me.  She’s right, I catch him now and again by himself looking lonely and distant.  In fact, it’s similar to how Kaori kind of acts toward everyone.  I’m pretty sure it’s not my right to say anything though, so I’ll just try to get along with him somehow.  

There is one thing that really bothers me though, Kaori gave him a two-step promotion!  I really find that odd, since he just came one day ago.  Then again, he did risk his behind to give Shae a chance to make the mercs run.  (Shae told me he had really good reflexes, she saw him dodge in a way most rookies wouldn’t.)  I just wish I was… more helpful like that… I was stuck as the back guard in my favorite axe, Flying With Style.  I shot off a couple mercenaries, but that was it.  I kinda get the feeling I’m being held back.  (Kaori seems to be more agitated than usual when I asked about seeing more action, I wonder why since she’s usually not like that.)  Hopefully the next mission won’t be too boring.  Laila Antonov signing off.

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>JRNL NTRY ENDS[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]>Close UI Pad_ [Y/N][/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]//>Shutting down…[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Found some time today to sneak this in.  :P  HWKN: Chapter 2 Memories Part 1 will come once I have everything finished.  Sorry for the late release, I was originally going to release it earlier this week but stuff came up (and still coming up).  Anyone know what anime I'm referencing too_ XD[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks to Wi2p and Killer_Origins! :D[/font]

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, June 20 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#2 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted May 28 2014 - 02:44 PM

A smile_ I feel my gloating has been summoned!
I`ll fix it later.

#3 leviestrada

leviestrada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 28 2014 - 03:24 PM

:) :) :o :o
2014-02-15_00007.jpg
btw I love playing -smiley mustached face-

#4 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted May 28 2014 - 05:06 PM

Yay~ ^^

#5 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted June 01 2014 - 06:05 AM

Edit, made it easier to read.  I forgot how people say large clumps of writing can hurt people's eyes. XD  I hope you guys are ready for Chapter 2 Part 1 which is after this!

#6 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted June 05 2014 - 12:17 PM

This inspires me to make a short story regarding my pilot... :P
Posted Image

#7 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle